Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Corn Soup


Dear mushroom lovers *again*,

Another recipe from my mom. It is different from corn soup that I usually find, that's why I always miss my mom's corn soup. And I am very happy that I can make it by myself. Thank you mom for teaching me how to cook!


Ingredients:
4 local corn, blended, use the cornstarch
1 sweet corn, boiled, cut the corn kernels
250gr or 2 carrots, blended with little water
200gr or 1 can mushroom, drained, cut in half
6 sausages, cut coarse
100gr minced beef
100ml water, boiled

Seasonings:
6 shallots, grinded
2 garlics, grinded
A little ginger, bruised, grinded
1tsp nutmeg
1tsp pepper
1tsp salt
1tbs margarine
1 sachet Royco, chicken flavor
8 sticks celery, finely chopped

 

Directions:
In a large saucepan, saute grinded shallots, garlics and ginger with a spoon of margarine until golden, add minced beef until cooked. Add the saute to the boiling water in the pot, add some salt, pepper, nutmeg, boiled again. Add blended carrot and cornstarch to the pot together with corn kernels, mushrooms and sausages. Put Royco to taste. Stirred until the soup become thick. Topped soup with a pinch finely chopped celery.

It is best served hot in a rainy day! Trust me;)

Warm regards,
Atika

No comments:

Post a Comment