Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Sayur Oyong

 

Dear oyong-oyongku,

I have no idea to translate the subject of this post. I have already googled and I haven't found the suitable definition for oyong. Oyong is gambas and gambas is squash which means labu. If I put Squash Soup for the title, it can be too bias with what I cooked. *oh no.. do I make a clear statement? bias seems weird to say*. Anyway this is the recipe. Don't ask me I like it or not.. I looove it so much!

 

Ingredients:
500gr oyong, above is the pictures of oyong, the green one
100gr shrimp
1 corn, look at the picture below, I don't know what to say in English
2 scallions, cut coarse
1 celery, cut coarse
1 small pack of vermicelli, leave it in cold water -> but my mom forget to buy it

Seasonings:
1 garlic, chopped
4 shallots, chopped
3tbs vegetable oil
1 tomato, sliced
2 red chilies, cut coarse -> also forget to buy this
1 sachet Masako
salt to taste
100cc water


Directions:
Saute garlic and shallots with vegetable oil until golden, add chilies, tomato, shrimp until the shrimp turns red. Add corn, Masako and a little salt to taste. Then wait until the corn soft. Add oyong, vermicelli, scallions and celery. Wait until cooked. It is served best with rice for 6 people.

Yeahhh!!! Having this foodblog adding my kitchen vocabulary. I will learn some more. Please teach me guru.. *sambil bungkuk kyk org Jepang*. Btw, my brother changed my camera menu. I don't remember what he did, but I feel satisfied with the result. It is not boring, right?

Still warm regards,
Atika

2 comments:

  1. hmmm...so nice to try it at home ya!
    thanks for sharing for this delicious recipe.
    I am learning cooking while studying English. Good job!

    best regards

    Irfan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Irfan,

    Thanks for stopping by at my blog:). Try this recipe fan, this is one of my favorite.
    Btw I am learning English too while writing hehehe...

    Best regards,
    Atika

    ReplyDelete