Dear sweet iftar,
I have no idea to translate this food. Setup pisang tape is like a compote, almost have the same ingredients with compote banana, but setup uses sugar not Javanese palm sugar. That’s the main difference. Another difference is the use of cinnamon. I love the smell of it a lot. It is a must serve menu in the holy month of Ramadhan. Please take a look on the recipe below for your next alternative iftar menu…
3 pisang tanduk (banana), make small cuts
250gr kolang-kaling (palm seed fruits)
250gr tape (fermented cassava), make small cuts
1 pandan leaf, tie knot
2 fingers cinnamon *my fingers as always:D*
1 liter water
½ liter thick coconut milk
½ tsp salt
- Boil palm seed fruits, cinnamon, pandan leaf with 1 liter water.
- Add banana and fermented cassava.
- After banana become tender, add sugar and salt then thick coconut milk.
- Continue cooking for few minutes.
- It is best served while warm or cold.
Happy Ramadhan 1432 H,