Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Water Spinach & Sausage Saute


Dear my favorite food,

I looove water spinach or kangkung (Indonesian name) especially cooked by my mom. Kangkung not only yummy in saute but also yummy too for making sambel kangkung. Later, I will make sambel kangkung here. By the way, I always use the word "looove" in this blog. Yup, because I only cooked what I love. Simple answer, huh;) Anyway, here is my mom best kangkung recipe. You can substitute sausage with oncom or/and salty fish.

Ingredients:
3 bunches water spinach, removed the stems from the leaves
3 sausages, sliced
3 cayennes, cut coarse
1 garlic, chopped
5 shallots, chopped
2tbs cooking oil
2tbs soy sauce
1tbs oyster sauce
1/2tsp chicken flavor


Directions:
- Heat cooking oil in a wok, saute garlic and shallots until fragrant.
- Add cayennes, sausages, then place water spinach into the wok.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and chicken flavor.
- Cook until water spinach soften.
- Served while hot with rice.

Enjoy simple cooking and healthy eating, everyone!

Xoxo,
Atika

No comments:

Post a Comment